The Brass Citadel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Offical Website of the Khorne Kommando's, a light hearted Guild War's Guild on the Fissure of Woe Server which focuses on having fun and kicking arse while doing so.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Player vs. Player 101

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Katarina Un Falas

Player vs. Player 101 Empty
PostSubject: Player vs. Player 101   Player vs. Player 101 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 9:28 am

Hey people.
Personally, this is a thing that's never spiked my interest in pretty much any game. PvP. 1v1 PvP stuff just doesn't seem.. Interesting to me. It's the whole "So I have the coolest armor, best weapon, and least life so I beat you LOL."
However!
I would like to get into some PvP, though I have no feel whatsoever with PvP in Guild Wars. Any veterans in this who can share some overall advice? Or is it just "queue up, get crushed a million times, and then figure stuff out"? :PAny do's and don'ts?

Would like this thread to be a "This is working well" or "This is working like hell" kind of thing. Share some experience, discuss, agree and disagree Smile
Back to top Go down
Candy Spoon

Player vs. Player 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player vs. Player 101   Player vs. Player 101 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 12:06 pm

It looks to function the same as it did in GW1, ie that there are 1v1 and there are also random teams and "picked" teams.

as for "having the best sword = winning" you will be glad to know that the equipment you have in PvP is totally separate from your PvE. So everones stat bonuses will be the same. There is also a system of unlocks similar to GW1.

That being said I have not done PvP in this game but my understanding is that most classes are reasonably balanced, so long as you know how to deal with perma-stealth thieves.

May be worth reading up on the forums etc... about current meta-builds and how they work / counter to them.

Best policy is to jump in and see what works. We can always get a 5 man team going if there is interest enough.
Back to top Go down

Player vs. Player 101
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Brass Citadel :: Inside the Brass Citadel :: The Arena-
Jump to: